In recent years, surgical body enhancement techniques have seen a rapid rise in popularity. Not least among them is the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure, also known as Lipo 360 with BBL. This procedure — a combination of surgical midsection contouring and a butt augmentation — can dramatically enhance your body’s natural curves, creating the appearance of a highly defined, hourglass figure.
At Arijai Aesthetics, Dr. Chris Balgobin (aka Dr. BBL) is our resident cosmetic surgeon and one of the most well-known BBL surgeons in the United States. To help you get a better idea of what you can expect with a Lipo 360 and BBL procedure, we’re answering a few of our most frequently asked questions about the surgery below.
What Happens During a Lipo 360 and BBL Procedure?
During the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure, your surgeon will first administer general anesthesia to ensure you don’t feel any pain during the surgery. He’ll then perform Lipo 360 on your entire midsection to slim and contour the abdomen, obliques, and lower back areas. Imagine the thinnest portion of an hourglass — that’s what your surgeon is creating during the liposuction component of the procedure.
Your surgeon will then process the adipose tissue collected during Lipo 360 to clean and purify it. After the purification process is complete, he’ll reintroduce the fat into the buttock area to create a fuller, curvier booty. Imagine the lower, curvier portion of the hourglass — during the butt augmentation (fat transfer) component of the procedure, that’s what your surgeon is creating.
Generally, Lipo 360 with fat transfer (BBL) surgeries last between two to four hours.
Is Lipo 360 With BBL a Better Option Than Silicone Butt Implants?
The answer to this question really depends on the patient and their unique needs. That said, a Brazilian Butt Lift is less invasive than butt implant surgery and the BBL procedure generally involves fewer complications and requires less downtime. Ultimately, a Brazilian Butt Lift ends up looking more natural than implants, too.
While both procedures offer dramatic, long-term results, here are some things you should consider if you’re on the fence between the two:
● Lipo 360 with BBL isn’t a great option for individuals with limited fat reserves. If you’re very lean, you may not have enough extra adipose tissue to achieve the curves you want with the fat transfer component of the Brazilian Butt Lift.
● As with any type of implant surgery, silicone butt implants may present a risk of capsular contracture, the accumulation of scar tissue around the implant.
● Generally, butt implants need to be replaced at regular intervals. While they can last several years, BBL may be a better option for those who don’t want to undergo replacement surgery.
● With implants, there’s always a risk of shifting over time. A BBL, on the other hand, will retain its shape for many years because the fat tissue does not shift. However, there is a possibility that some of the fat will reabsorb over time.
● Historically, butt augmentation with artificial implants has a complication rate of nearly 22%. Lipo 360 with BBL has a complication rate of approximately 1% when the procedure is performed by an experienced cosmetic surgeon who specializes in Brazilian Butt Lifts. (Keep in mind Dr. Balgobin is widely known as Dr. BBL. He earned the nickname for a reason!)
What Is the Recovery Process Like After Lipo 360 With BBL?
For the first couple of days after surgery, you may experience moderate to serious pain as your body adjusts and begins the healing process. After the first two to seven days, discomfort levels typically decrease significantly, but every patient is unique, so your experience may be different.
During the first couple of weeks following surgery, you won’t be able to sit directly on your booty while it heals. You’ll also need to sleep on your stomach or side rather than on your back. At Arijai Aesthetics, we send you home with a Booty Buddy pillow designed to make sitting more comfortable throughout recovery.
Generally, the initial recovery time lasts about six to eight weeks, but that doesn’t mean you’ll see the full results of the procedure in that time frame. Depending on the way your body responds, it may take six months to a year to see the full outcome of Lipo 360 with BBL.
Considering a Brazilian Butt Lift? Contact Arijai Aesthetics
If you’re ready to dramatically enhance your body’s natural curves, our team at Arijai Aesthetics would love to create the results you’re looking for. Dr. Chris Balgobin, affectionately known as Dr. BBL, is one of the leading Brazilian Butt Lift surgeons in the U.S. and would love to help you determine whether this total-body contouring procedure is right for you.
To learn more, feel free to request a complimentary virtual consultation or call our Burnsville, MN office today at (952) 435-0605. You can also send us a message with any questions, and we’ll be in touch!