Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is plasma with a high concentration of platelets from the patient’s own blood. Platelets contain hundreds of growth factors that are very important for healing injuries. Used aesthetically, PRP can be applied topically or injected to help accelerate collagen production, enhance tissue healing, reduce inflammation and even help with hair growth.
How long does a PRP treatment take?
- To allow time for blood to be drawn, spun down and platelets separated while also receiving your treatment usually takes 1-2 hours.
Are PRP Injections Painful?
- Not usually. Patients will use topical numbing for 20-30 minutes prior to PRP injections or for PRP to be microneedled in topically. Some patients say there’s a slight burning while the PRP is injected but nothing too intense.
What Can Be Treated Using PRP?
-PRP can be used for skincare treatments to accelerate healing, injected as a “natural filler” to promote collagen production, injected in the scalp to encourage hair growth and injected in the clitoris and inside the vagina to accelerate new cell growth and enhance sensitivity.
What is Micro-Needling with PRP?
- Microneedling with PRP (Bio-Facial) is where your PRP is microneedled into the skin topically and can also be injected under the skin as well to act as your own “natural filler.” The Bio-Facial combines micro-needling and your own PRP to resurface the skin while stimulating your cells to regenerate. Adding your own PRP to a micro-needling session maximizes collagen production, improves skin’s color, texture and tone and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
What Is The Cost Of PRP Services?
~ Bio-Facial with topical PRP: $695
~ Bio-Facial with PRP injection: $995
- O-Shot (PRP injected for sexual health): $1,500
- Hair Restoration: $750
What Are The Side Effects Of PRP?
- The most common side effects of PRP injections are slight pain or bruising at the injection site which should subside in 48-72 hours. With topical PRP, because of the micro-needling, patients can experience redness, dry skin, flaking, burning or sensitivity.
How Many Treatments Are Required?
- We usually recommend a series of three treatments for the Bio-Facial and hair restoration to start seeing results. The O-Shot can be done as often as you’d like, and results can be noticed immediately and improve with time.
How Do I Know If I Am A Good Candidate For PRP?
- Anyone is a good candidate for PRP treatments.
How Should I Care For My Skin After A Bio-Facial?
- As with the SkinPen treatments, we provide you with the same products to take home and treat your skin with for five days following your treatment. We also recommend no sun exposure for the first 24 hours, changing your pillowcases and sheets and washing makeup brushes.